Archive for February, 2011
You and I know New Year’s resolutions are meant to be broken, but I dare say, every year I try to keep them as long as I can. Since I didn’t share what those resolutions were in the first place (I’ve been crazy busy the past two months), who’s to know I broke any of them? Well, in the spirit of honesty (the only kind of PR I practice and live by), I’ve broken the following resolutions already:
1) I promise to tone down the sarcasm — Well, this was broken by the first of January. Sorry, but like the old American Express slogan, I can’t seem to leave home without it.
2) Never curse at reporters behind their back. Be brave and do it in front of them — Well, I haven’t been brave enough to get pissy in front of them, but I must say I have done so behind their back. What they don’t hear won’t be published. Advice to journos: never leave PR people hanging dog.
3) I will not mail merge any pitches — I hate to admit this because I’ve hung people to dry about doing so. My excuse is I did land a client that warranted this ugly tactic and it resulted in a ton of media placements. On the downside, there were a few that asked to be removed from my lists. I can live with a 90-10 ratio so you understand why I did it, right?
4) I will only speak highly of firmprez and Big Boss — I did for the first day or two back from holiday, but I’m sorry I just couldn’t help it especially when these two are together in a room speaking to a client and lying their asses off.
5) Never touch the flask under my desk — I broke this one first before I broke no. 1 (see above).
Let’s hear what resolutions you’ve already broken. Be real and share. Anonymous comments encouraged.