I apologize if the headline is a bit raunchy, but hey, it’s the only time of the year where it wouldn’t sound so sleazy. Unless you’re living in a cave in Afghanistan, you must’ve seen all the pink ribbons surrounding us this month. So this is my post to raise more attention for breast cancer awareness. Not that the folks behind the awareness campaign need my help. I think the Susan G. Komen Foundation has done an awesome job in not only building buzz about breast cancer awareness in October, but sustaining it throughout the year.
As Breast Cancer Awareness Month activities continue this month, it makes me wonder what the world would be like if it finally rids itself of this disease. Please take the following list with a sense of humor. For the record, I am not trying to diminish the suffering caused by breast cancer. So here goes:
- Professional athletes will not be wearing pink shoes, pants, shirts, socks, jockstraps, etc.
- National Pasta Month will get more publicity. Probably not.
- Victoria’s Secret and Maidenform sales will increase.
- So will sales for silicon gel.
- More babies would be breastfed.
- More men would be breastfed.
- There will be less divorce. [There are douchebags out there ladies.]
- Think Pink will only mean think about her.
- 40,000 amazing women would still be alive each year including the mom of a dear friend.